New Conference Plan

With the economy as it is, I am looking for new ways to get the doubling group message out there. Here is an idea. I am making this offer from now till the end of July. Instead of a conference for $1100 or so, how does $200 sound? There is some fine print; read on.

  • Local host church pays $200. This goes toward my expenses (travel, hotel, etc.)

  • Association pays $200. This goes toward my expenses as well. (travel, hotel, etc.) Note: I want both a church and the Association on the hook financially so they are motivated to promote the event. It doesn't work for either the Association or local church to just pay the whole $400.

  • Each individual attending pays $20 and gets a free book (up to $19.99 value). This replaces the honorarium I used to get paid. As an author, I get books at a discount and it is that gap that creates my honorarium.

  • There must be 100 people in attendance. If there are not, you agree to buy the remaining books at $20 each.

  • There must be more than one stop on the tour. You can add to an additional trip, or contact a church in your part of the world and work out a time when the two of you can host meetings adjacent to each other. Most of the time there are more than one church on the tour. If you plan six months or so out during a reasonably popular time, there is a good chance I can book the second church.

  • If you would like for Missy to train your preschool and children's workers, here is how that would work. In addition to the costs above, local church and Association both pay $150 more. (Expenses are less for her than me because we share a hotel room, car, and gas expense.) There must be 150 total attendance each paying $20 each and each receiving a book. Missy will have several titles teachers can choose from.

I am looking for a few early adopters to experiment with this new plan. I want to experiment with it on a limited basis before I roll it out. Thus, this offer is only available for conferences that are booked before August 1, 2009.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to keep the next generation in church.

Puzzling data regarding lecturing teachers

Lead by example