Puzzling data regarding lecturing teachers


Many of you know I am working on a new book on What Makes Groups Grow. I am puzzling just now over the data regarding teachers to lecture. Here is the puzzle:

  • Teachers who use all lecture were the second mostly likely group to be growing
  • Teachers who use all lecture were also the most likely group to be declining (by a wide margin)

I have my own theories as to why this is true. What do you make of it? How could the lecturing group be both likely to grow and likely to decline?


Comments

Unknown said…
I wonder if there isn't any correlation between lecture time? Perhaps there is something else that is a factor... like the hard to quantify "community" factor?
Does it have to do with the relative ability of the lecturer? Good lecturers grow groups; bad ones kill them?
Josh Hunt said…
that would be my guess -- lecture is like violin playing -- if it is good, it is good. If it is not, itis terrible!

Josh

Popular posts from this blog

How to keep the next generation in church.

Lead by example